Landscape led Vision
The presence and proximity to landscape is an important element for a healthy and high quality way of living. The creation of high-quality landscapes is vital for development, playing an intrinsic role in establishing a A sense of place is the unique collection of qualities and characteristics that makes one town or development different to another. It lends meaning or attachment to a development or place, transforming it into a home, a neighbourhood, or a community. A sense of place is also what makes our physical surroundings worth caring about. More through the creation of enhanced natural and urban environments. Development should not be led by quantum of development but informed by landscape-led Recognising the distinctiveness of individual locations in plans, policies and proposals, and responding accordingly. More principles.
Features of landscape led neighbourhoods and new places
- Make landscaping the dominant feature
- Consider the purpose of the landscape and cater for different needs and users, whether for wildlife to thrive, for play or for relaxation.
- Retain existing features and sites of ecological importance in the landscape
- Views into and out of a site
- Include green corridors for the movement of people and wildlife, including landscape buffers, linear parks, green streets, back gardens or embankments.